GOLF TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
2023 HANS AUTO SALES GOLF TOURNAMENT
AUGUST 15TH SCHEDULE
7:00 am Registration and Breakfast
8:00 am Shotgun start
12:00 pm Lunch, Awards, and Prizes
SKILLS CONTESTS ARE LOCATED ON THE FOLLOWING HOLES:
Closest to the Pin - Women #2 and Men #4
Longest Drive – Women #3 and Men # 8
Longest Putt – Women and Men #7
ON-COURSE GAMES AND ADVANTAGES – This tournament is meant to have fun while raising money, so please be generous and take advantage of the following games.
HAZARD BALL ($20 per team)
Special ball that needs to be used by each player alternating until holed out. Ex. Player A plays with special ball until it is holed out. Next hole player B of the team plays the entire hole with special ball until it is holed out. When returned at the end of the round the team will be entered into the 50/50 drawing.
Betting Ring – Hole #2 ($5-$20 optional per player)
There is a 5 foot ring around the hole. Inside the ring doubles your wager. If you hit the green you will get your wager back, if you miss the green “thanks for the donation.”
Buy a Drive Hole #7 ($10 per team)
On hole #7 – Par 5 you can purchase a long drive. There will be 2 cones where you can drop your ball from 200 yards out and play your second shot from there.
Yardstick ($20 team)
You can buy a yardstick you can use this up to 3 times in a round to extend a shot. Ex. If you hit your 2nd shot within 3 feet (1 Yard) you can use one of your “yardsticks to count the ball holed for a total score on that hole of 2.
Mulligan ($5 per mulligan)
You can purchase for your team up to 5 mulligans. A mulligan allows an additional shot to a single player of your team. Ex. On your second shot of a par 4 your entire team misses the green, you can use a mulligan, and choose one player, not the entire team, to take an additional shot. You can use more than one mulligan.
GOLF SCRAMBLE RULES:
FORMAT: Four-person scramble tournament.
1. Please smooth all marks made in Sand Bunkers.
2. Leave the putting green as soon as you have holed out.
3. Do not play until the players in front of you are out of range.
4. Balls may be cleaned on the green, and ball marks repaired prior to putting.
5. Please observe all local course rules.
6. Enjoy the day and your fellowship with other golfers!
1. A scramble means that all team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker.
2. The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot. Each team member hits their next shot from the chosen spot of the prior shot.
3. If the ball you choose to play is in a hazard (sand, water, etc.), the rough, or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length away.
4. This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole, including putts. The ball should be marked on the putting green also.
5. Putts need to be made within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score. When putting, once any ball is holed out, no further strokes count. The team is cautioned not to make “tap” in putts until all team members have had the opportunity to attempt the team’s original putt.
6. Each player’s tee shot must be used at least two times during the 18-hole competition.
7. Men tee off from the white tees first 9 holes and then the Blue tees for the second 9 holes and women from the red tees all holes.
8. Threesomes are permitted to rotate a fourth shot from each ball location. In other words, one person will be hitting twice from each position.
9. In the case of a tie, the tournament coordinator will compare the score card of the teams that have tied starting with the hole with the highest handicap moving to the hole with the lowest handicap, continuing until one team has the lowest score on a hole.
These rules are subject to change/updating prior to the start of the tournament.